Click Here for our safeguarding procedures
Click Here for the CURRENT PEW SHEET
Click Here for previous Pew Sheet
Click Here for a Simple Daily Prayer Guide
Click Here and Join us in Prayer
Our upcoming Sunday and weekday services,
together with any ferial, festal or seasonal services are listed below:
The week commencing:
Sunday – 15 September ~ Harvest & Holy Cross
08:00 ~ Exton ~ HOLY COMMUNION (BCP)~ Holy Cross
10:00 ~ Droxford ~ Informal
10:30 ~ MEONSTOKE ~ FAMILY EUCHARIST (CW):
Harvest Festival Celebration
Bring a Picnic for after Service
Sundays further ahead:
Sunday – 22 September ~ Harvest & St Matthew
08:00 ~ Corhampton ~ HOLY COMMUNION (BCP) Matthew
09:30 ~ Meonstoke ~ … Unwrapped
10:30 ~ Exton ~ EUCHARIST (CW):
Harvest Festival Celebration
Bring a Picnic for after Service
Sunday 29-September ~ Michaelmas
08:00 ~ Droxford ~ HOLY COMMUNION (BCP) ~ Michaelmas
10:30 ~ Meonstoke ~ FAMILY EUCHARIST (CW)~ St Michael &All Angels
Coffee Morning and Bring and Buy
10 am – 12 noon, Monday, 26th August.
Thank you to Jenni Whitemore for hosting in her field in Exton,
by the river.
This delightful event raised £615 in aid of Exton Church Organ Fund
Special Events in the Benefice – Join Us!
BlackBox Theatre Company presents
‘The 39 Steps’
Droxford Church on 31st October 2019
Keep the Date and Spread the Word.
But take care – it’s all very ‘Hush! Hush!’.
Everybody WELCOME at every event
Please use these special events to invite a friend of neighbour to church.
BOOKING NOW OPEN: at www.ticketsource.co.uk/39steps or through the Box Office 0333 666 3366
Soirée on the Bridge
7.30pm Wednesday, 11th September 2019
St Andrew’s Church, Meonstoke
Back by popular demand: Organ Recital by Richard Martin
Ride and Stride 2019
This hugely successful annual event for 2019 will be held around Saturday 14th September. You can walk, run, cycle, ride…
Congratulations and prayers for all those recently baptised, including Hazel Marie and Kara and prayers for Olivia to be baptised on 5th October in Droxford.
Congratulations to those recently married, including:
Philip & Sophie (24May, blessing 19 Oct), Nicholas & Olivia (1Jun),
Ben & Sasha (7Jun); Ian & Olivia (22Jun).
Our prayers and best wishes to those preparing for marriage later this year, including:
Benjamin & Kelly (10 Aug); Pete & Chloe (24 Aug);
Gerry & Laura and Allan & Cheryl (14 Sep);
Tom & Catherine (14 Dec); Mike & Nicola (21Dec);
Michael & Emma (28Dec).
Congratulations too for our churchwardens and the new members of the PCCs on their election to office.
Rest in Peace
PC Andrew Harper RIP – who was killed while attending a reported burglary on 15th August..
Nora Quoirin RIP
Robin Jeffries RIP
Tony Farnell RIP – late of Meonstoke who died at home. Please keep his family and those who cared for him in your prayers.
James Whitehead RIP – died peacefully at St. Christopher’s Hospice in Dulwich. Prayers would be appreciated by all the family at this time.
Sybil Gerrard RIP – died June 29th. A peaceful release, but much loved and missed by all the family.
Jo Chapman, RIP beloved wife of Norman. Jo’s funeral took place in St Peter’s, Soberton on Friday, 12th July.
Rosemary Denham RIP – Rosemary died peacefully on 27th May, aged 98. Beloved wife of the late Robin, mother of Elizabeth, Philippa, John and the late Robert and 11 grandchildren and 11 great grandchildren. Our Thanksgiving Service for her will take place in Droxford on Sunday, 1st September 2019 at 2.30 pm.
How is God Calling You?
The Church of England is passionate and committed that all vocations should be recognised, regardless of gender, age, colour or background. This does not necessarily mean to ordained ministry. We have Licensed Lay Ministers (Readers), authorised lay workers (chalice assistants, servers, vergers, etc) and recognised lay workers (pastoral visitors).
If you feel that God might be calling you to ‘something’ but you’re not sure what, do please speak to Fr Tony, Mthr Samantha or Canon Anthony.
*** A Special Announcement ***
I am delighted to announce that The Revd Samantha Martell has been appointed by Bishop Christopher to the post of Priest-in-Charge of
the Parish of All Saints, Ryde.
It is wonderful that she will be staying within the Diocese of Portsmouth
but of course we will miss her ministry here.
In order to allow time to complete her initial ministerial training commitments, the Bishop is looking forward to licensing her to this post early in 2020.
Please pray for her and her family, and for the parish of All Saints over the coming months.
Church Fete News
A HUGE thanks to all who helped make the recent Meonstoke, Corhampton and Exton Fête such a roaring success!!
The current net total stands at a whopping £8,006.15.
Well Done and Thank You
Thank you to all those who contributed to, helped organise or attended our recent events:
- Thank You to Gregor and Sue Logan for providing the ‘fizz’ at Ruth’s farewell service and to all those who provided nibbles and other drinks too.
- Thank you for the Petertide Patronal Festival at Exton and the refreshments afterwards.
- A huge thank you for all those who planned, ran stalls at, attended or helped in any way at the Meonstoke, Corhampton & Exton Church Fete which raised £8006: a great occasion and a great result.
- Thank you for the Soiree on the Bridge with the Speranza String Quartet.
- Many thanks for the wonderful Choral Evensong with Athanasian Consort leading the music and for the refreshments.
- Thank you to all those who have been clearing up in Droxford Church, especially after the ceiling collapse and the removal of the North Aisle pews.
- Thank You to Karen & the team for organising the Corhampton Church 2020 Coffee Morning to raise funds for the kneeler-project and to all who supported it. It raised almost £500 towards this legacy to our community.
- Thank you for all those who read or serve, clean and tidy, prepare and set up, play music or sing in services.
- Thank you to those who supported our Pilgrimage to our Mother Church – the Cathedral Church of St Thomas of Canterbury, Portsmouth.
- A GIANT THANK YOU to those who help at or come to Messy Church and thanks to Meonstoke School for hosting us and making us so welcome.