NOTICE OF A MEETING FOR THE ELECTION OF CHURCHWARDENS (Annual Parish Meeting)
Parish of St Mary and All Saints Church, Droxford
A meeting for the election of churchwardens will be held in
St Mary and All Saints Church, Droxford
on the Twenty Third day of April 2023 at 11.10 AM
This meeting may be attended by:
1. All persons whose names are entered on the church electoral roll of the parish and
2. All persons resident in the parish whose names are entered on a register of local government electors by reason of such residence.
Under section 5A of the Churchwardens’ Measure 2001, an appeal against the election of a churchwarden may be made by any person entitled to take part in this meeting or by a candidate in the election. An appeal may be made against the election of any person on any of the following grounds:
- That the person was not duly elected,
- That the person was not qualified to be a candidate at the time of election,
- That before the election was held, the person misrepresented a material fact in connection with the election,
- That the conduct of the election was such as to affect its outcome,
- That it has been determined that an error was made in the roll or that question is awaiting determination, and that error would or might be material to the election result;
- That a vote which was allowed should have been disallowed, or that should have been disallowed was allowed, but only if that would or might have been material to the election result.
Any person who wishes to make an appeal should consult the Minister or the lay chair of the deanery Synod as to the appropriate procedure.
Signed: Jeff Hooper, vice-Chair of the PCC
Dated: 1st April 2023
In this Notice “parish” means an ecclesiastical parish.
 Substituted by Church Representation Rules (Amendment) Resolution 2020/406, Part 2 rule 10(3) (consequential amendments) (July 2020). The full text is available at www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/406